North America Plastic Bottles and Containers Market – Growth, Trends, Forecasts (2020 – 2025)
New York, Nov. 19, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report “North America Plastic Bottles and Containers Market – Growth, Trends, Forecasts (2020 – 2025)” – https://www.reportlinker.com/p05986847/?utm_source=GNW
Owing to the rising stringent regulations against plastic recyclability, plastic bottle and container manufacturers, coupled with end users, are expected to use more recyclable materials.
– Packaging is the most critical factor that plays an essential role in the widespread consumption of various consumer and industrial products around the world. Strong demand for sustainable and convenient packaging solutions among consumers will drive the demand for plastic bottles in North America.
– Another indication of the industry’s plastic and bottling strength and growth is shown in Plastic’s Committee on Equipment Statistics (CES) survey of North American shipments of plastics machinery, such as injection molding and blow molding equipment. For the past seven years, plastics machinery shipments increased year over-year (YoY).
– PET and HDPE are the main polymers used for beverages in the United States. PET bottles are expected to hold a prominent share in the market. Plastic is a preferred packaging product by several manufacturers, due to their reduced manufacturing costs and their easiness.
– However, the usage of plastic will gradually slow down with the growing awareness about environmental concerns. Many consumers in the United States and Canada are increasingly moving toward environment-friendly packaging materials. As the usage of plastic and plastic products have potentially hazardous implications on the environment, governments in these countries imposed very stringent rules and regulations in the industry, making it a relatively slower growing industry than other materials.?
– For instance, San Francisco’s international airport (SFO) recently banned convenience shops, restaurants, and vending machines from selling plastic water bottles. The change is a part of SFO’s five-year strategic plan.
Key Market Trends …