Heres what were watching ahead of Thursdays opening bell.
- U.S. stock futures rose, pointing toanother record-setting trading sessionafter the opening bell.
- Futures tied to the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%. The broad market index closed at its 18th record this year on Wednesday.
- Nasdaq-100 futures advanced 0.8%, pointing to gains in technology stocks. Read our full market wrap.
Whats Coming Up
- Data on jobless claims, due at 8:30 a.m. ET, are likely to add to evidence thatlayoffs are easingas an economic revival gathers force.
- At 12 p.m., Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell will be speaking about the global economy at the International Monetary Funds virtual spring meetings. Livestream here.
- Earnings are due from Levi Strauss after the closing bell.
Market Movers to Watch
Shares of social-media companies gained in premarket trading. Facebook gained 0.9%, Twitter shares rose 1.2% and Snap added 1.6%.
Albemarle s stock climbed 1.4% after the chemicals company announced the date of its quarterly results. The price of lithium, a key ingredient in electric-vehicle batteries, has been on a tear but Albemarles stock has trended lower since January.